Passionate thoughts

I came to this world
Not of my own desire
Except for the fulfilment
Of a divine desire.

I was born in my native
Lebanon …
I was married in my husband’s homeland
Egypt …
Now we live in a nation of immigrants,
Australia …!
**
Song for Lebanon

You’re always here ,
beyond the limits of my life,
above my insistence on distance
and memory.
You are in my blood …
In the deepness of my depths …
In apparitions
while I drowse.
Oh … my homeland …
Prettiest of nations.
You are me, my self…
A perfumed, inebriating sky,
your flowers and birds,
your sweetest and most gentle breezes
still dominate my identity.
You are the spring of my conscience and
soul
my sun,
and my sweetest trait.
I shall always sing your praises …
For you, I shall sacrifice
my soul… my eyes… my life for you.
**
Song 2 to my homeland Lebanon

Lebanon
A star in heaven
a shining light in my life.
In my heart you live forever,
despite my insistence on leaving you
afar, and memories apart.
In my blood,
in the depth of my profundity,
in the apparitions of my lethargy,
you are my homeland.
The star in heaven,
the jewel in the crown
of all nations.
You are my being,
the ego of myself,
the sky of my soul.
Beyond my doubt,
you will stay with me
wherever I may be.
You’ll stay forever
my bright shining light.
The spring of my soul,
my luminous sun,
the warmth of my heart.
I shall protect you
with my soul
with my eyes
and with my life.
**
A Twinge of Pain

Oh! honey…
What is most wonderful about life is
that it is both a dream and awakening.
when we want to dream;
and an awakening,
brought about by a twinge of pain…!
**
Reveries of the spring
“From a mother to her beautiful daughter”

My beautiful nymph …
You are sweeter than honey,
more valuable than gold
and dearer than the soul.
You are my rare happiness.
Your love has returned to my heart,
its beating …
and to life,
its beauty
and to the soul,
its faith in the creator.
Your love has given my thoughts
their value and vitality.
Without your love,
buds would not bloom,
meadows would not turn green,
the roses of hope
and the dreams of spring
would not return.
You are youth,
the beauty of life.
You are the hand that
spreads light,
satisfaction and contentment,
the candle that illuminates
the darkness.
My precious, let me tell you
about the flow of happiness,
springs of hope
and fountains of joy …
Let me tell you
about how life gets meaning,
thought, themes,
and the heart, passion,
and how you, my violet, became
for me, the meaning,
the theme,
and the passion.
**

Turn the page