Fantasy voyages

We observe the fog,
and travel with our thoughts
and memories.
How beautiful are our memories,
and how wonderful it is
to have such memories.
When we sleep,
realities change to dreams,
and when we awaken, we look for an
interpretation of the dreams.
As the warmth engulfs the earth,
the darkness disappears,
the mornings re-appear,
and the light shines brightly.
From our fantasy voyages,
glimmers of hope will arise,
and we embrace them tenderly,
until they come again.
**
I cried

I cried;
not because I am fond of crying,
nor for the cool feeling of tears
rolling down my sunburned cheeks.
I cried,
because it is my right to cry,
and I don’t remember
how many times I wept.
I shed the tears of longing
for my home,
and the time I joined my husband,
to start a new life
in his homeland.
I lived in alienation,
and cried alone.
I cried because I live in a world
too busy to cry.
A world of helplessness
and despair.
I cried,
because this world
could not understand me,
and I could not embrace
its selfishness.
I cried, again and again.
I cried when I had to move farther
into alienation.
I cried when I visited
the nursing homes,
the families of the disabled,
the refugee camps,
and I cried,
louder
and louder,
when the
New Word Order
was born.
**
Beirut, my love

I thought,
you were the pampered beauty,
that can be get hold of you easily,
but, I found you be
the rebellious hero.
I thought of you as small,
surrounded by seas and mountains,
your chest exposed to dangerous arrows.
I thought of you,
my beloved Beirut, who was exhausted
and tired from all the fighting
that took place on your ground.
I thought that dust,
gunpowder and mud had soiled you,
but I found you still beautiful.
I thought you’ll never rise again
from these battles,
but I found you standing
as a giant in the face of Israel,
as Tyre and Sidon stood
in the face of Alexander the Great,
To add a new hero to the rest
Of the glorious Lebanese cities
You stand your moment of glory,
or the awakening before death?
Or will you stay
as I have come to know you,
the Beirut that will never surrender
and never die.
**
Tears of the feast

Introduction to the tears of feast
On the 24th December 2001, the
world celebrated Christmas and on
31st if the same month celebrated the
New Y ear. O n t he 7 th January,
Christmas was celebrated by the
Coptic and some oriental churches.
Also the Muslim communities
celebrated the Ramadan Feast and
other Feasts.
All were happy in celebrating these
occasions, but I did not join any of
these celebrations, not because I
opposed one or the other, but I tried
to suppress my feelings in this world
in poem, I called “The Tears of the
Feasts”.

-1-
wishing my friends
a merry festive seasons,
I stepped out my door
and looked around.
I saw hungry children,
naked orphans,
lonely elders,
demolished homes,
Mothers grieving their loved ones
and subdued nations.
-2-
I dried my tears,
carried my cakes,
Before I began,
[106]
and came down to share with them
the blessing of the feasts,
so that, the feast shall become
a true feast,
and we’ll celebrate it afresh again.
-3-
This feast has great meaning,
It’s not just food and trips.
The feast is the family sharing,
remembering the home country,
and offering helping hands to uplift the
burden.
-4-
For our tears to dry
and our happiness return,
for the festive season to be a feast
and to celebrate again,
we shall be waiting for the real feast.
**
Don’t fail me Please my heart

-1-
Days passed by and I lost my dreams ,
I found nothing
in front of me,
but my illusions.
My heart, I beg you,
do not object to my way.
I want to run,
I want to walk,
I want to laugh, and then to cry.
My heart, I beg you
do not object to my way
I beg you my god
not to test my love.
Please, god,
Fase my pain,
disperse my fears,
return my dreams
and light up my days.
I beg you, my God
I beg you, dear God…
**